Thursday, October 3, 2013

Medication woes

Sometimes I feel like all I do is call doctor's offices.  And lately it's been about Princess's medication. She's on two of them currently. One is just a beta-blocker for her high blood pressure. The other is a diuretic that will help with the high potassium AND the high blood pressure. Our current plan of attack is to let her outgrow the current dosage of the beta-blocker and then keep her just on the diuretic. Okay, no big deal, right? Well, it just seems like every time I need a refill I end up call the doc's office.

The past two refills for the diuretic have required me to call the doc's office at least once. It seems that it never gets to the pharmacy's computer. Then there's the beta-blocker. I don't have anymore refills on it and am literally almost out. So I took it in to the pharmacy because I wanted to transfer it anyway if we were going to stay on it. They e-faxed on Tuesday. They then resent the e-fax today. I spoke to the gals there and they said I should call the doc's office. So I did. They said they hadn't received anything! But they were going to send it to the pharmacy.

I don't get it. Why is it not getting to the pharmacy or vice versa? Is this the world conspiring against me? Or maybe just everyone's programs aren't compatible with everyone else's? I know, depending on who I asked right now, someone would probably try to blame Obama-Care. I don't really care what the problem is, I just want it fixed so that I don't have to go through this EVERY time I need a prescription refilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...