Wednesday, June 3, 2015

My Little Girl Dresses Better than I Do

Princess is OBVIOUSLY a girl! Yeah, you all already knew that, right?

Well, having only had Little Man for three years before she was born, it's been a little bit of an adjustment for me. I mean, come on, what do boys wear? Jeans and tee shirts! Go into ANY store and try to find something for a little boy. It's some variation of a tee shirt and pants! Go onto the other side where the girls stuff is and you are literally under a sea of pink and pastel! There's so many choices for a girl!

And on top of that, I've never been one of those girls who loves doing my hair or wearing making or dresses or things like that. In fact, I'll admit it, I'm a "Frumpy Mom:" Yoga pants, jeans, tee shirts, flip-flops. Yeah, that's me!

But Princess, well, that's another story.

Shoes
This little girl has more shoes than I do! We have a whole drawer of her shoes! And some days we have to pick two or three pairs of them to wear throughout the day!



Now, we are in-between sizes, but here are the shoes she has, going left to right from the bottom:
Bottom Row:
"heart shoes" (size 4)
"pretty shoes" (size 4)
"butterfly shoes" (size 4)
Other "butterfly shoes" (size 4) Which she has never worn! Teach me to buy without her there!
"boots" (size 4)
Middle Row:
"buckle shoes" (size 5)
NEW "pretty shoes" (size 5) Exactly like the size 4!
"tie shoes" (size 4)
"flower shoes" (size 5)
Top Row:
"buckle shoes" (size 5)
"sippers" (size 5/6)

I think she's going to give Imelda Marcos a run for her money! And take all of mine!

Dresses
Oh yes, the dress! She actually likes wearing them, sometimes. Don't get me wrong, she LOVES her jeans right now. (Little Man loves "comfy pants" and has for a LONG time!) But there are times that she wants to wear a dress, including tights! It's never a fight to get her into a dress! Now, depending upon what she wears with the dress, it can be a difficult task to change her diaper. For example, the time she went to her dad's on Tuesday night, she had on tights, a onesie, AND her Doc McStuffins panties on top of everything! (We haven't started potty training yet because Princess is NOT ready, but we did get her panties. She SO wants to be a big girl and wear them.) And she looks SO cute in dresses. And now because she is LOVING her jeans, we've gotten her jean skirts to wear!

This was the night in question. Notice: Jean jumper! Girl LOVES her jeans!

Bows
Now this has been a bit of a problem. Not in getting her to wear them. In fact, she likes to wear them, and calls them her "butterflies." (EVERYTHING with loops is a butterfly to this kid!) The problem was two fold.

1. Most bows you buy in the store have those ribbon covered "alligator" clips. Those just DON'T stay in her hair for ANYTHING!

2. The bows that we have were made by a friend. They had spots to attach barrettes and then add them to headbands. Well, Princess has never been a headband girl. I think she's worn one THREE TIMES: the day she came home from the hospital, when she was in PICU, and on her dedication. So, since these bows weren't permanently attached to the headbands, I tried clipping them in her hair. They didn't have clips already attached, so I was able to use the metal clips that worked on her hair. The problem was that the bows were sideways when you put them in her hair.

So what did I decide to do to fix this problem? Make them! Yeah, that's right, I said make them! I have no clue what I'm doing. I'm using YouTube videos to figure it out. So far I have mad a few bows. They've come out cute. I'm not planning on starting an Etsy store or anything....yet. But I figured I had to do something.


Oh, and then we cut her hair! So there went the bows! We are now on to clips and barrettes, but that's okay. Less for me to make.

So there is definitely NO mistaking that my daughter is anything BUT a girl. In fact, she has started telling us that she's a "Diva." Oh boy! I think I am in for it with this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...