I have seen a lot of family blogs out there. They are usually run by moms (occasionally a dad will have one). I think most moms feel that in this new age of technology, the blog is a great way to keep family members (and others) up to date on what is going on, as opposed to the traditional page long Christmas letter. I think for other families, blogs are ways of documenting their health struggles. And still for others, it's a way to share ideas about homeschooling. For me, I look at it that we are doing so many things, that it just makes sense.
So first, meet the family:
Me: I am a stay-at-home mom of two children.
Hubby: He works 2 jobs in retail to support us.
Little Man: He's 3.5 and loves anything to do with construction vehicles.
Princess: She's our little miracle child. She's 4.5 months old now and doing well.
Sadie: She's our 10 year old yellow lab.
More about us is listed on the sidebar. So here are some of the things to know about our blog:
1. Faith Based. -- First of all, this blog is faith based. I have prayed a lot about this, and feel that this is something I need to do, not only for my own sanity, but also to share the love of Jesus. Everything that has gone on with our family within the past 3 years has all been because it has been part of God's plan. Our move home, my job, Princess's birth, everything. It's His doing and all I hope to do is follow His Will.
2. Homeschooling. -- I never thought I would be homeschooling my children. I always envisioned myself teaching a room full of kids. But that was obviously not what God had in store for me. Right now, I am homeschooling my preschooler. We call it "playschool." The reason is because up until June, he was in a preschool setting. Well, it was a licensed home daycare and she ran her daycare like a preschool. When she was looking at actually upgrading her name for it she decided on "Playschool." It was a wonderful thing for Little Man at the time. He was really into "Caillou" and Caillou went to "playschool." So we've kept that for now. As of right now, I'm NOT writing ANY of my own curriculum. I don't really have time. (More on that in a second.) I am getting curriculum and ideas from various homeschooling blogs and Pinterest. If I do post a homeschooling blog, I will link to the blog where I got the curriculum/idea from. I most certainly want to give credit where credit is due.
3. Health Issues. -- Princess was born premature. That was the reason why Little Man had to come out of daycare and I became a stay at home mom. Because of her prematurity, she has several issues. (We are praying they are all related to her prematurity and not some rare disorder.) So we see lots of specialists and go on lots of appointments. Because of where we live, most of the specialists are at least an hour away so that usually means a day trip to the city. So expect some posts about her health issues and the problems that we face dealing with so many specialists.
4. Cleaning/Organizing. -- I suffer from depression. Because of this mental illness, lots of times my house gets into the CHAOS mode. (CHAOS stands for "Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome. As found on the FlyLady Website.) So, as a result, I am using the FlyLady method to get over my CHAOS. I own NOTHING of this method. I won't go into details about it here, but as things get accomplished, I may post pictures or updates about things.
5. Family Stuff. -- Things relating to our family, obviously will be posted here. Things we do, things we try, things that may inspire others will be posted. Some of my ideas will undoubtedly come from other families, so I will link to their blogs as needed.
I'm hoping to get into this blogging thing going. I don't have a ton of time, but with the Lord's help, I think I can do this on top of everything else!