Sunday, August 18, 2013

The New Things this Weekend

The first new thing this weekend is this:


The reason for the mask is that I think I have a cold. I'm not ENTIRELY sure as of right now. There was a fire that started early in the weekend and I was already headed up to my mom's house. So I pretty much was driving right into a smoke screen. It wasn't as bad as if I was driving into the wildfire itself, but there was still some smoke in the air. So I'm not sure if it's a cold or a reaction to the smoke and fire.

So why the mask? Well, Princess was born premature and her immune system is still immature, so we are a little on the germ-o-phobic side here right now. I CANNOT have her get sick right now. If she were to get sick, she might need to be hospitalized again. It also means that I'm living in sanitizer again.

If I am sick, it probably is because I finally started relaxing on my sanitizing protocols. I shouldn't have done that. I should have kept up the hand washing, sanitizing, and sanitizing wipes on everything. I guess I'll be going back to that again.

The other new thing:


This is a big deal. When we moved in, the fence was practically falling down. It was old and covered in ivy. There were missing planks and boards that were missing pieces. Normally this wouldn't have been a big deal, except for Sadie Dog. She's an escape artist. Oh, and the neighbors had pit bulls. Nothing against pit bulls or their owners, but I do know that they are very loyal dogs. I have (now) two small children. At the time we moved in, I only had Little Man. He couldn't really play in the back yard because the dogs next door would bark and try to get through the fence. Sadie Dog would also go over and visit the dogs next door at times.

I have been gently nagging Hubby about the fence for the past three years. His dad owns the house we live in and is allowing us to live here rent free. He did a whole lot of work to get the house ready for us to move into three years ago. Well, now that Princess is here, I certainly didn't want to take Sadie Dog outside and have Little Man running around and Princess on my hip and have one of those dogs to get into our yard. So I told Hubby that there needed to be something in place when Princess came home from the hospital. That's the chain link you see in front of the new fence. It's a temporary fence to help keep Sadie Dog in the yard.

Well, as it turns out, the last time Princess was in the hospital, the neighbors moved out. I had figured they had either sold their house or taken it off the market, because the sign had disappeared from their yard. I didn't know that they had moved though. I knew they were having yard sales and were planning on moving. It was just surprising when the new owner came over to ask about the ivy on the fence.

Now this new fence isn't perfect. I'm not sure what's going on with it, but there is one whole panel that is lower than the rest and there are a couple of large gaps between the fence and the ground. Sadie Dog could easily squeeze her way through there. So the temporary fence isn't ready to come down just yet. But hopefully soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...