Saturday, October 3, 2015

Thank you for not saying "I'm Sorry"

Last week, we got Princess's diagnosis of Cerebral Palsy.

When I told you about it, you surprised me.

Other people who I have told paused. Then they said, "I'm sorry." They don't know what to say, so they say, "I'm sorry."

Well, I'm NOT sorry about my daughter's diagnosis! I'm glad! It means that she WILL qualify for services. See, my two year old is smart! This isn't surprising. Her brother is smart too. As a result, she likely will not assess low enough to qualify for services she so desperately needs. She will likely not have enough of a deficit in enough areas to warrant someone saying she needs services. But with this diagnosis, it is just about automatic now. She has CP. There's no changing that.

So when I told that we got our diagnosis, you paused. Then you said "I'm glad you got your diagnosis." You understood how important this piece of paper was to continue to get my daughter help. You understood because you've been there.

Thank you.

Thank you for understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...