Saturday, March 1, 2014

Developmental Clinic from February!

Well, we had our big follow up at the hospital's developmental clinic back in February! I made our developmental therapist, J, take us. I figured it was important that we all be on the same page with her development and doing the same things.

So at the clinic, things were about the same as her 9m (really her 10m) appointment:

Weight: 16lbs 2.5oz
Length: 25.5in

I didn't know what to expect, but it was pretty basic. Met with one of the PTs. They assessed Princess. She did amazing! Of course they were looking at her like a 7m old, not a 10m old. But that's fine.

Met with the doc. She checked her out. Things were fine. I knew they would be. Got the weight and length above. Then, as we were waiting for the social worker, they came in and delivered her PT assessment. She assessed at 7m for gross motor/fine motor and communicative/expressive language. So that's what they expect. But she assessed at 10m for her cognitive abilities! J said that was why they didn't look at adjusted age for the county early intervention. Sometimes this happens and then you have a weird gap. So instead, they look at actual age and work on getting them "caught up."

Social worker suggested we apply for SSI. I don't know if we'll get it, or even if I'll apply. Maybe. Otherwise, we go back in November, so I should be hearing from them soon. So, if my math is correct, they wanted to see her when she was at least 6m adjusted (she was 7m adjusted) and November would be at least 15m adjusted (I think it'll be 16m adjusted or so). So I think they'll be looking for her to be walking. I think I have her adjusted age right. That's why I put the ticker! The ticker will disappear probably either at 2 or 3 years old. I don't adjust her age. I just let her be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...